Welcome to the Bird Podcast — hosted by Shoba Narayan.
This podcast will focus on birds, mostly from India with global forays. After all, birds know no boundaries. Each episode will be uploaded once a fortnight, so please subscribe.
We are number 4 on Audubon’s list of Ten of the Best Podcasts about Birds in the world.
We will talk to naturalists and birders, about common and special birds, while highlighting issues both old and new. We will take a close look at the world’s vanishing forests and wetlands, and the impact their disappearance is having on birds. We will speak to the men and women who have successfully saved endangered birds and habitats. We will cover bird news, products and general information for beginners who want to get into birding. And we will do individual podcasts on bird species.
The broad categories we will cover during our journey are:
- People: interviews with bird experts
- Destinations: places to go and birds to see
- Issues: Climate change, critically endangered species, migration patterns and the like
- How-to: For beginners. How to identify birds. How to buy a pair of binoculars. How to…well, you know.
- Bird Species: Well, the grand plan is to do an episode on each of the 1200-odd bird species in the Indian subcontinent. If we get that far, we will then spread our wings and add episodes about birds across the world.
Welcome to the Bird Podcast. Come fly away with us.